NDR SCHOLARSHIP REQUIREMENTS
Requirements for NDR Bobcat Alumni Association Scholarships
Candidates for the NDR Scholarship must be a Louisiana resident- Provide a copy of Louisiana License or Louisiana ID.
2. The request must be submitted to the scholarship committee via USPS postmarked no later than April 1, 2022 or you may not be considered for this award. (P. O. Box 791417 New Orleans, LA 70119)
3. The candidate must be graduating senior of Frederick A. Douglass High School in New Orleans Louisiana 70117 at the end of the 2021-2022 school year.
4. The candidate must show proof of scholastic achievement of a 2.89 or aboveGPA. A sealed copy of the candidate’s high school transcript, issued by the school, and must be submitted by the candidate along with the scholarship application.
5. The candidate must apply to a state accredited college/university (public or private), a state accredited vocational school, either of which must be located in the United States or joining the United States Arm Forces (must have proof of enlistment to receive scholarship.
6. The candidate must submit a 500- word essay on “How will the NDR Alumni Association Scholarship benefit your educational goals?” (Expound on any college courses currently or previously taken, internships or community service activities completed, potential college major, level of commitment to complete their education and current employment- if applicable)
7. The candidate must provide one (1) Fredrick Douglas High School faculty member letter of recommendation: teacher/principal/guidance counselor(currently on staff) written on Fredrick Douglas school letterhead with the original signature and one
8. The candidate must provide one (1) written reference of character from an adult ( over 21 years of age) non-family member and not associated with Fredrick Douglas High School during the 21-22 school year. This reference must have known the candidate for at least two (2) years.
9. The candidate must disclose school involvement/ or work experience (paid or volunteer)
Any question or concerns please email NDR Scholarship Team at firstname.lastname@example.org